Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Oh Baby

After many years of friendship, I was ecstatic to help my close friend Kari, and her husband Bryce, bring their third little girl into this world at St. Fancis South in Tulsa, OK. Assisting all my clients as a birth professional and having the privilege of being in the delivery room is always a huge honor but this birth was unique. Not only helping my clients achieve a goal they have set for themselves, but also capturing these special moments on camera is SO EXCITING! I ♥ birth photography!


Last Friday was a bit different, knowing Kari and Bryce for many years now and developing a relationship with them made this a very unique and special moment. Kari had received epidurals with her last two births and really wanted a different experience this time. A natural birth is something she read about, prepared for, and longed for. Her and Bryce attended my mini childbirth course at my home here in Fort Gibson, OK several weeks before the birth! Bryce seemed on board and willing to do whatever it took to help Kari's dream of a natural birth come try.....Kari on the other hand, she was a bit doubtful. I continued to encourage her to research, read, practice breathing and visualizing with her husband in preparation of her natural birth. I ensured her that I knew she was a strong woman and with the help of her wonderful husband and a birth doula she WOULD succeed! 



After ONLY 4.5hrs of labor on Friday, June 14th Kari and Bryce had a beautiful baby girl! Kari DID IT! She finally experienced a completely natural, unmedicated birth! She even did it in a super cute gown and silver sparkly slippers :) All she could say after holding her sweet little girl is, "I can't believe I did that!" Bryce and I were not shocked that she did it....she did amazing the entire birth and really listened to the guidance I provided throughout the birth.













































Daddy was a very proud and happy father. Not only for his beautiful new baby girl, but also for his beautiful sweet wife. She did amazing!



Thank you Kari and Bryce for giving me the privilege of not only serving as your doula but also allowing me to capture these special moments. They will forever me in my heart.



If you are interested in doula services or birth photography please visit my website at www.terashoresphotography.com   or drop by and "like" my facebook pages at Beautiful Beginnings Doula Services   or TS Photography

Happy Birthing & Shooting,
Tera



No comments:

Post a Comment